British Society of Lifestyle Medicine Annual Conference Announced – with a REAL, Virtual and International presence.
The British Society of Lifestyle Medicine, the leading UK charitable organisation promoting greater adoption of lifestyle medicine in healthcare and society, has announced that its annual conference will take place on September 2nd to 4th, 2021 at Edinburgh International Conference Centre. The event can also be attended online to enable wider reach and convenience for those unable to attend in person.
Designed to provide insight to the latest trends and developments in healthcare, medicine, academia, public health and scientific research, the annual conference brings together clinicians, scientists, researchers and health professionals to explore new approaches to the prevention, treatment, management and reversal of chronic disease.
Dr. Fraser Quin, Executive Director at the BSLM, said: “With the ongoing pandemic and increasing public awareness of health and wellbeing, there has never been a greater need for lifestyle medicine. Our conference welcomes delegates from a wide range of disciplines – whether members of BSLM or not – to join peers to reflect on the pandemic experience and what it means for the development and future of lifestyle medicine.
“We have a line-up of world-renowned expert speakers who will discuss a range of subjects including diet and nutrition, physical activity, stress, mental health, sleep and, of course, the importance of lifestyle medicine in addressing chronic conditions neglected during the pandemic.”
The packed three-day programme includes presentations from:
• Professor Tim Spector – Professor of Genetic Epidemiology and Director of the TwinsUK Registry at Kings College
• Professor Roy Taylor – Professor of Medicine and Metabolism at Newcastle University
• Linda Bauld – Bruce and John Usher Chair in Public Health, Usher Institute, University of Edinburgh
• Dame Fiona Reynolds – Master of Emmanuel College, Cambridge and former Director General of The National Trust
• Dame Sally Davies – Master of Trinity College, Cambridge and former Chief Medical Officer for England
With international representation from:
• Dr Sam Manger – President and Fellow of the Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine, Australia
• Professor Gordan Lauc – Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Zagreb, Croatia
• Professor Garry Egger – A leading authority on lifestyle and chronic disease providing counsel to the Australian medical community, Federal Government and World Health Organisation
In addition to the conference proceedings, BSLM is hosting a conference dinner and entertainment, including key speaker Round the World record holding cyclist Mark Beaumont. This occasion will be held on Friday September 3rd, at the National Museum of Scotland. Tickets will cost £60.
To register your place at this important sector event or book a seat at the conference dinner, please visit https://bslm.org.uk/events/bslm-2021-conference/