Your Natural Solution to Restful Sleep!
Although sleep problems affect a significant percentage of the population, until recently, they hadn’t received the attention that has been devoted to other health problems1. A recent survey has reported that 51% of adults globally get less sleep than needed on an average night2. Sleep deprivation may negatively impact our quality of life, including physical and mental wellbeing, such as mood, productivity, learning-ability and stress levels. It has also been associated with an increased risk of age-related health risks, including cardiovascular, metabolic and mental problems3,4. Sleep is considered to be the third pillar of health, along with nutrition and exercise, and it needs to become a clear priority to enjoy a longer and happier life5,6.
Roman chamomile, more formally known as Chamaemelum nobile L. All., (or under its synonym Anthemis nobilis L.) is one of the oldest known and most widely used species of the daisy family. It has been used throughout the world for over two thousand years and continues to be very popular in the West for its relaxing, anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic effects7. One of the most common traditional uses of this herb is to treat stress and insomnia8. Roman chamomile has an admirable safety profile and is a great source of a variety of chemical compounds, including flavonoids, sesquiterpenes, esters and phenolic acids, responsible for its immune health and relaxing properties9.
Sibelius Natural Products has developed an all-natural solution to support sleep and maintain immune health, Sibelius™: Chamomile. It is a branded, scientifically evidenced, high-quality Roman chamomile tincture that derives from a proprietary, non-GMO cultivar of Roman chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile L., All.), grown in the UK exclusively for Sibelius Natural Products. Sibelius will launch the Sibelius™:Chamomile tincture at SupplySide West this October, along with its third natural ingredient, Sibelius™: – LactoMato, developed to support men’s health. Visit their booth #5310 to learn more. YOUR NATURAL SOLUTION TO RESTFUL SLEEP!
By: Loukiani Chatzinasiou
- Partinen, M et al. Chapter 7: Nutrition, Sleep and Sleep Disorders- Relations of Some Food Constituents and Sleep. INTECH. 2014.
- Princes Cruises. Princess Cruises Expands Annual Relaxation Report
Internationally. 2018. https://www.princess.com/news/news_releases/2018/07/Princess-Cruises-Expands-Annual-Relaxation-Report-Internationally.html
- NHS. Why lack of sleep is bad for your health. 2018. https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/sleep-and-tiredness/why-lack-of-sleep-isbad-for-your-health/
- Grander, MA. Sleep, Health and Society. Sleep Med Clin. 2016; 12(1): 1-22.
- Watson, NF, Badr, MS, Belenky, G et al. Recommended amount of sleep for a healthy adult: a joint consensus statement of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and Sleep Research Society. Sleep. 2015, 38: 843-844.
- Mossavar-Rahmani, Y, Weng, J, Wang, r et al. Actigraphic sleep measures and diet quality in the Hispanic Community Health Study/Study of Latinos Sueno ancillary study. J Sleep Res. 2017, 26: 739-746.
- EMA. Assessment report on Chamaemelum nobile (L.) All, flos. EMA. 2012.
- Natural Touch Aromatherapy. Chamaemelum nobile/ Anthemis nobilisCompositae (Asteraceae). https://www.naturaltoucharomatherapy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/roman-chamomile-monograph.pdf
- Chatzinasiou, L. Roman Chamomile: A forgotten treasure. 2017. http://mecklenburghsquaregarden.org.uk/roman-chamomile/